I’m calling this book done. Mostly. I’ll probably continue to tweak it a bit here and there over the next day or so, but I plan on beginning the formatting process either tonight or tomorrow. I’m going to create a version to publish using Amazon’s CreateSpace service, and then take the text from that version and create Kindle and Nook versions. (I’m doing that in case I make any changes while formatting for the print copy).
Things left to do:
- Get an ISBN. CreateSpace offers free ones; I need to check with my wife and see if that’s what she used, and if not, why not.
- Design a cover. I have some rough ideas, and my wife is pretty good at that, so I’ll probably work with her on that.
- Write text for acknowledgments, about the author and back cover blurb. I have a rough back cover blurb done.
- Decide on a price for the print version. This will somewhat depend on how many pages I end up with in the formatted version.
- Decide on a price for the Kindle/Nook version. I’m leaning strongly toward $.99, partly because that’s a good price for a first novel, and partly because it’s a bit on the short side.
- Add a page for the book on this blog. I’ll do that once I have a cover and back cover text.
- Start annoying everyone I know, asking them to buy my book :-).